phpAdsNew
PHPauction
phpCOIN
phpFormGenerator
phpLinks
WebCalendar
Advanced Guestbook

Hello,

My unbiased concern here is this: unless one enjoys spending his or her free time writing auto-installers, it's a LOT cheaper man-hour wise to pick up a copy of Installatron.

Writing installers is a lot of work too. We initially set out to offer Installatron completely free of charge or at a minimal fee of $30. That simply was not feasible; we could not provide a solid product with up-date-installers at even $30 a pop. Nevertheless, if you do decide to continue, Godspeed my friend!

Cheers.

Phi1.

Agora Cart would be good for installatron as well as zen cart.

Ok,l0rdphi1

I have not free time for this projects.

Installatron good work but no cheap cost.

20 usd per years is the good price.

l0rdphi1 said:
Hello,

My unbiased concern here is this: unless one enjoys spending his or her free time writing auto-installers, it's a LOT cheaper man-hour wise to pick up a copy of Installatron.

Writing installers is a lot of work too. We initially set out to offer Installatron completely free of charge or at a minimal fee of $30. That simply was not feasible; we could not provide a solid product with up-date-installers at even $30 a pop. Nevertheless, if you do decide to continue, Godspeed my friend!

Cheers.

Phi1.

I agree Phi1 - although it's probably cheaper to get it done in Thailand.

For us (at MatrixxHosting) I'n unsure that saving $20 a year and having an extra couple of programs would fast persuade us to switch.

Maybe a bit of healthy competition will improve both products!!

Rob

From what I have seen Installatron is as good as it gets. Sure it can use some tweaks here and there and a few more programs. But how many programs do you really want? It can become unmanagible after a while.

Phil, have you ever considered Agora Cart and Zen Cart for Installatron? I sent an email to you about this.

rldev: I've added those two you suggested to our todo list. There are tons and tons of scripts on the list now, but I've been keen for a couple more good e-commerce scripts so those will be bumped up close to the top. Just need to find time. :) Thanks for the headsup.

--

Re this script project: competition is a scary thing for us given how much we've invested in iTron, but it'll only push us to do more and better so I wish you all the best. :)

Row.

It is hard to beat ITron. I'm not sure why anyone would try :) Itron is already better then Fantastico for cpanel and Fantastico has been out for years. ITron can use some small interface tweaks and perhaps a auto update feature, but otherwise it is just solid stuff. I love it. Thanks for putting those 2 scripts in the queue. They are excellent pieces of software. Zen Cart is much better then the standard OS Commerce. With the addition of Zen Cart, I may even drop Miva :)

I installed it...

only has Mambo 4.5.0 Stable 1.0.9

is it when I finish installing that it will give me the list of program to install>

or is mambo itself a program?

Peace,

Back