Spam Assasin

ASalvador

Hi all,

After taking a few days using DirectAdmin've still experiencing a problem, apparently I have not installed or enabled Spam Assassin, but I'm not able to do the installation or authorized by the instructions and steps indicated in the manual DirectAdmin, so my only solution was receive help from the community.

regards

@ASalvador,

Hello,

In some cases using CPAN for installing all dependencies and required modules take too mush time and not always all modules get installed from first time.

So my suggestion would install with

yum for CentOS/RedHat
apt-get/aptitude for Debian

e.g.

Code:
yum install spamassassin -y

it will install SpamAssassin and all required perl modules. After that if you want to use SpamAssassin provided with Directadmin you should for Centos/RedHat run

Code:
yum erase spamassassin -y

with this command you will remove only SpamAssassin from your system. As soon it's done do:

Code:
cd /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild
./build set_fastest && ./build update
./build set spamassassin yes
./build spamassassin

Then enable SpamAssassin in /etc/exim.conf as it is described by the link user scsi gave you
http://help.directadmin.com/item.php?id=36 (step 3-4 from the manual).

@ASalvador,

Hello,

In some cases using CPAN for installing all dependencies and required modules take too mush time and not always all modules get installed from first time.

So my suggestion would install with

yum for CentOS/RedHat
apt-get/aptitude for Debian

e.g.

Code:
yum install spamassassin -y

it will install SpamAssassin and all required perl modules. After that if you want to use SpamAssassin provided with Directadmin you should for Centos/RedHat run

Code:
yum erase spamassassin -y

with this command you will remove only SpamAssassin from your system. As soon it's done do:

Code:
cd /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild
./build set_fastest && ./build update
./build set spamassassin yes
./build spamassassin

Then enable SpamAssassin in /etc/exim.conf as it is described by the link user scsi gave you
http://help.directadmin.com/item.php?id=36 (step 3-4 from the manual).

Am I going crazy or as I always be forgetting a step, but I did everything as told me and I still showing on the DirectAdmin control panel to enable it.

Greetings and thank you.

Zeiter i would ask you something.

I use to install those modules using CPAN and i would ask: what will happend if install those modules using yum and cpan? Will file be "doubled" or just upgraded?

Im thinking to use yum as you described for my server-setup script but i prefer be sure before edit the current file (that is using cpan way)

Thanks

I did not check this moment, as location in most cases should be the same, so module will be overwritten by the last installed copy. As yum/rpm keeps a base of installed modules, I guess you won't see changes in version number with yum/rpm, if you update with CPAN.

/usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.8/

Just test it: install from yum and CPAN any module and try find it on every step.

Anyway since FreeBSD 5, I hardly remember any related issue, as I upgraded from ports perl modules installed with CPAN.

Ok, seems that your problem is that spamd is not running.

run:

Code:
/usr/bin/spamd -d -c -m 15
and then again post result for this and the other command line zeiter provided.

Regards

Spamd will start if you restart exim. You dont need to start it manually.

Ok, seems that your problem is that spamd is not running.

run:

Code:
/usr/bin/spamd -d -c -m 15
and then again post result for this and the other command line zeiter provided.

Regards

He shows me the following error-bash: / usr / bin / spamd: No such file or directory.

Back