Direct Admin behind router, how to?

Christianf

As the title say.

Is there any way I would relly like to learn this.

Please if someone knows, tell me.

I heard of someone how made some link or something.

Thanks in advance.

/Christian

Search the forums, because according to rules and License terms you should have a public IP on an interface. Any bypass might be illegal.

Christian,

Presuming you have a spare static IP# from your service provider, and a configurable router you can certainly use DirectAdmin behind a router.

Simply configure the router to pass all traffic on the spare static IP# through your router, without using Network Address Translation. That's what we, and others, do at our respective data centers.

If you have a spare static IP# but your router isn't configurable, either replace it with a configurable router, use a linux or freeBSD box to act as a router (that's what we do), or use a switch between your ISP connection and your router, so your DirectAdmin server is on the spare IP# but outside your internal routed network.

However if what you have is a standard home/small office DSL or cable connection to a local modem or modem/router combination, over a dynamic IP address, then you can't do it under the terms of the DirectAdmin license, and to try to do it you're pretty much on your own and in violation of DirectAdmin license terms, which requires a static IP# on the computer which matches a static IP# in the DirectAdmin license.

Jeff

Back