Symlink in FTP

SeLLeRoNe

Super Moderator
Hi,

today has append something strange, never noticed so dont know from how long is happening.

Ive the usual public_html symlink into ftp root but filezilla show it as a file and not as a folder so cant "enter" in it sayind is not a regular file...

For sure i remember that with same version of filezilla i was able to enter those symlink/folder without problem, so i suppose is a configuration issue.

Any idea? Something to check? (Happening in two server with same configurations file).

Thanks

Hi,

today has append something strange, never noticed so dont know from how long is happening.

Ive the usual public_html symlink into ftp root but filezilla show it as a file and not as a folder so cant "enter" in it sayind is not a regular file...

For sure i remember that with same version of filezilla i was able to enter those symlink/folder without problem, so i suppose is a configuration issue.

Any idea? Something to check? (Happening in two server with same configurations file).

Thanks

Have you ever fixed this???

thank you.

i have it also, can't remember since when, but i know the symlink worked before. Reinstall of proftpd did not fix my problem.

Any tips?

Today I also discovered this problem. However it is only with normal FTP that public_html symlink does not work, when using connecting with SFTP, the symlink work. Maybe this started to happen after the recent update to new version of ProFTPD? I will have to investigate some more ...

Will this article http://www.proftpd.org/docs/howto/Chroot.html clarify any moments?

Instead, if you create the symlink using:
# cd /path/to/ftp
# ln -s folders/incoming incoming
then that symlink should work within the chroot; the key is to use relative paths which do not go above your DefaultRoot directory.

If your symlink does need to go above the DefaultRoot directory, then you need to use one of the other tricks described below.

Back