5.1.56 to 5.5.9

riverdance

Verified User
When update, its give me this error

Code:
mysqldump: Got error: 1142: SELECT,LOCK TABL command denied to user 'root'@'localhost' for table 'cond_instances' when using LOCK TABLES

In DA options.conf

#Possible values - 5.0, 5.1, 5.5

From 5.1 to 5.5 i thit yes.

Then its give me this error.

You cant login root, you need first login with a account and then su - for login root in SSH.

MySQL 5.1.56 its now, i rolback it. But same error.

Last edited:
Sorry, i still dont get it.

if you set 5.5 in options.conf and do
./build update
./build clean
./build mysql

Give error? Could you paste it completly?

Regards

Try to create /usr/local/directadmin/conf/my.cnf (if it does not exist) with actual password for da_admin user:

[client]
user=da_admin
password=here_your_secret_pass

If it already exists, make sure, that password is actual and valid.

Sorry, no more ideas. I haven't tried 5.5.x yet. Probably you can find answers in Google.

Got same error when update MySQL 5.5.9 to 5.5.11. But it's just backup before upgrade. So, it's fine after update.

I don't like to bump old threads, but this just happened again to me. Got notice of custombuild 1.2 that there was a mysql upgrade 5.5.19 to 5.5.20.
So I did a ./build update and ./build update_versions and this error occured:
mysqldump: Got error: 1142: SELECT,LOCK TABL command denied to user 'da_admin'@'localhost' for table 'cond_instances' when using LOCK TABLES
There was no my.cnf present, so I copied the existing mysql.conf to my.cnf now, but did not try anything after that.
At this moment, it seems it caused no further problems, but it's strange this is still happening with mysql 5.5

I just upgraded from MySQL 5.5.21 to 5.5.22, and I also got this error when custombuild did backup before upgrade:

Code:
Dumping database performance_schema
mysqldump: Got error: 1142: SELECT,LOCK TABL command denied to user 'da_admin'@'localhost' for table 'cond_instances' when using LOCK TABLES

Please note that this error during mysql database dump only happen on first line after the line:

Code:
Dumping database performance_schema

But all the users databases was dumped without problems, and MySQL is working fine after upgrade. I don't know why this error during MySQL dump happen after performance_schema?

No luck here with upgrading from 5.1 to 5.5 @ debian 5.

Code:
Length: 185969995 (177M) [application/x-gzip]
Saving to: `mysql-5.5.22-linux2.6-x86_64.tar.gz'

100%[===================================================================================================================================================================================================>] 185,969,995 8.83M/s   in 21s

2012-03-25 23:59:24 (8.31 MB/s) - `mysql-5.5.22-linux2.6-x86_64.tar.gz' saved [185969995/185969995]

Stopping mysqld ...
Stopping mysqld:                [ OK ]
Starting mysqld:                [ OK ]
Giving mysqld a few seconds to start up...
Looking for 'mysql' as: /usr/local/mysql/bin/mysql
Looking for 'mysqlcheck' as: /usr/local/mysql/bin/mysqlcheck
Running 'mysqlcheck' with connection arguments: '--port=3306' '--socket=/tmp/mysql.sock' '--port=3306' '--socket=/tmp/mysql.sock'
/usr/local/mysql/bin/mysqlcheck: Got error: 2002: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/tmp/mysql.sock' (2) when trying to connect
FATAL ERROR: Upgrade failed
*** Linking libmysqlclient.so.16 to libmysqlclient.so.18
Restarting MySQL.
Stopping mysqld:                [ FAILED ]
It is recommended to do "./build php n" after MySQL update.
server:/usr/local/directadmin/custombuild#
server:/usr/local/directadmin/custombuild# ps -A | grep mysql
server:/usr/local/directadmin/custombuild# /etc/init.d/mysqld restart
server:/usr/local/directadmin/custombuild# /etc/init.d/mysqld restart

It just wont start. Cant find any errors. When I look in /home/mysql/server.my.fqdn.nl I only see log entries of mysql 5.1 -- which I'm using now again. Anyone got an idea?

ditto said:
I don't think we need to worry about that error as cond_instances is a system table. Custom just does a dump of all tables it can find, so we don't need to worry about this particular table.

Arieh said:
/usr/local/mysql/bin/mysqlcheck: Got error: 2002: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/tmp/mysql.sock' (2) when trying to connect
FATAL ERROR: Upgrade failed
Check your /home/mysql/*.err for clues. Note that if you're going from 5.1 to 5.5, you may be missing libaio1 and libaio-dev

John

Got error: 1142: SELECT,LOCK TABL command denied to user 'da_admin'@'localhost' for table 'cond_instances'
I might have found a solution to this one.

With the upgrade process. Using the option --skip-add-locks would prevent this error notice.
Oke we don't need to worry about it, but people will keep asking questions about it when this still happens. If it can be prevented by using this commandline option, it would be better, correct?
However, DA has to build this in to the update script then.

Check your /home/mysql/*.err for clues. Note that if you're going from 5.1 to 5.5, you may be missing libaio1 and libaio-dev

John

I wasn't able to do this as I couldn't apt-get anything, since I needed to upgrade from Debian 5 to 6. It wasn't that much trouble upgrading after all, fortunately. I've installed the missing packages and this was indeed the problem. Its running fine now.

I did ran in some trouble though: when executing directadmin:

server:/usr/local/mysql/lib# cd /usr/local/directadmin
server:/usr/local/directadmin# ./directadmin p
./directadmin: error while loading shared libraries: libmysqlclient.so.16: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

It appears to be a common problem; http://help.directadmin.com/item.php?id=236

However I've tried both offered solutions, symlinking and downloading the real file, but the error won't go away.

Anyone got an idea?

server:/usr/local/mysql/lib# ls -l
total 231252
-rw-r--r-- 1 mysql mysql 14693110 Mar 30 09:55 libmysqlclient.a
lrwxrwxrwx 1 mysql mysql 16 Apr 17 01:26 libmysqlclient_r.a -> libmysqlclient.a
lrwxrwxrwx 1 mysql mysql 17 Apr 17 01:26 libmysqlclient_r.so -> libmysqlclient.so
lrwxrwxrwx 1 mysql mysql 17 Apr 17 01:26 libmysqlclient_r.so.18 -> libmysqlclient.so
lrwxrwxrwx 1 mysql mysql 17 Apr 17 01:26 libmysqlclient_r.so.18.0.0 -> libmysqlclient.so
lrwxrwxrwx 1 mysql mysql 20 Apr 17 01:26 libmysqlclient.so -> libmysqlclient.so.18
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root mysql 6053926 Apr 17 00:36 libmysqlclient.so.16
lrwxrwxrwx 1 mysql mysql 24 Apr 17 01:26 libmysqlclient.so.18 -> libmysqlclient.so.18.0.0
-rwxr-xr-x 1 mysql mysql 6867486 Mar 30 09:55 libmysqlclient.so.18.0.0
-rw-r--r-- 1 mysql mysql 103660904 Mar 30 09:57 libmysqld.a
-rw-r--r-- 1 mysql mysql 104237590 Mar 30 09:43 libmysqld-debug.a
-rw-r--r-- 1 mysql mysql 9488 Mar 30 09:55 libmysqlservices.a
-rw-r--r-- 1 mysql mysql 997127 Mar 30 09:39 libtcmalloc_minimal.so
lrwxrwxrwx 1 mysql mysql 22 Apr 17 01:01 libtcmalloc_minimal.so.0 -> libtcmalloc_minimal.so
drwxr-sr-x 3 mysql mysql 4096 Apr 17 01:26 plugin

Back