Spam with given spampoints not rejected

mdr

Verified User
Since a couple of days spamassassin isn't rejecting spam with a high tag anymore.

I have set that spam with a tag above 9 should be rejected.

Spam is still tagged with a spamsubject though and spam with a tag lower than 9 is still being redirected to the spamfolder.

Anyone?

correct, also since the last two days (nothing updated or changed on the system)

I am looking at this moment for possible reasons.

Ik looks like the first part of the spamassasin config in DirectAdmin Panel is skipped. What ever you choose there the spam is delivered in the Inbox (with the headers changed by Spamassassin).

It does change the subject with *** SPAM *** if I select that.

I do have the same problem since a couple of days. Haven't found a solution yet.

Anybody got a clue?

Not yet. I changed the delete high scoring spam to 99 to see if that is a work-around and to see if that is realy the problem. keep you posted

No, I didn't think that was needed because these are changes on the user level ?

Me neither, but it seems to work for me.
I've set the scoring to 99 (where it was 16 at first) for a bunch of accounts.

Then restarted exim and now spam with a scoring of 21 will be transferred to the catchall spamfolder.

Me neither, but it seems to work for me.
I've set the scoring to 99 (where it was 16 at first) for a bunch of accounts.

Then restarted exim and now spam with a scoring of 21 will be transferred to the catchall spamfolder.

OK, it seems not to be working properly.
Some mail is still tagged as spam and delivered... others not...

Strange...

I'll try it with the option off.

btw; This version am I using:
SpamAssassin Server version 3.2.4
running on Perl 5.8.8
with SSL support (IO::Socket::SSL 1.06)

As far as I know now it happens on two servers. But perhaps it happens on others also.

OK, it seems not to be working properly.
Some mail is still tagged as spam and delivered... others not...

Strange...

I'll try it with the option off.

Turning the option off produces the same result:

Most spam is tagged and redirected to the catch-all spamfolder, but some tagged spam still is getting delivered.

:(

Exactly the same problem here, I did update DirectAdmin when 1.32 was released though. I also can't disable SpamAssassin any more for my domains. Also mailed John about this yesterday didn't receive anything back yet.

Last edited:
Hmmm strange, normally I'll get a reply on my emails to John within a day. From the mail.err log btw:

Code:
May 28 14:53:55 blaat spamd[14738]: mkdir /nonexistent: Permission denied at /usr/share/perl/5.8.4/Mail/SpamAssassin.pm line 1536
May 28 14:53:56 blaat spamd[14738]: mkdir /nonexistent: Permission denied at /usr/share/perl/5.8.4/Mail/SpamAssassin.pm line 1536
May 28 14:53:56 blaat spamd[14738]: locker: safe_lock: cannot create tmp lockfile /nonexistent/.spamassassin/auto-whitelist.lock.blaat.blaat.com.14738 for /nonexistent/.spamassassin/auto-whitelist.lock: No such file or directory
May 28 14:53:56 blaat spamd[14738]: bayes: locker: safe_lock: cannot create tmp lockfile /nonexistent/.spamassassin/bayes.lock.blaat.blaat.com.14738 for /nonexistent/.spamassassin/bayes.lock: No such file or directory

May 28 15:56:12 blaat spamd[14738]: locker: safe_lock: cannot create tmp lockfile /home/john/.spamassassin/auto-whitelist.lock.blaat.blaat.com.14738 for /home/john/.spamassassin/auto-whitelist.lock: Permission denied
May 28 15:56:12 blaat spamd[14738]: bayes: locker: safe_lock: cannot create tmp lockfile /home/john/.spamassassin/bayes.lock.blaat.blaat.com.14738 for /home/john/.spamassassin/bayes.lock: Permission denied

May 28 17:21:44 blaat spamd[20209]: locker: safe_lock: cannot create tmp lockfile /home/james/.spamassassin/auto-whitelist.lock.blaat.blaat.com.20209 for /home/james/.spamassassin/auto-whitelist.lock: Permission denied
May 28 17:21:44 blaat spamd[20209]: bayes: locker: safe_lock: cannot create tmp lockfile /home/james/.spamassassin/bayes.lock.blaat.blaat.com.20209 for /home/james/.spamassassin/bayes.lock: Permission denied

Hello,

If you're still getting spam tags in the email headers, the it's more likely an issue with the exim filters not doing something correctly..

Check /etc/virtual/domain.com/filter to see what's in there. Compare the checks it's doing to the email headers.

Also check all of your exim logs for any clues:
/var/log/exim/mainlog
/var/log/exim/rejectlog
/var/log/exim/paniclog

John

All the logs are normal. Not all the spam is going to the inbox, strange enough only some of them.

This domain received 533 mails today, 462 were spammails and about 10% apears in the inbox correctly marked as spam. But the settings are to delete all spam.

This is in the filter. I am not sure what it means.
When I compare this to another server with no problems(as far as I can tell) with version 1.31.2 in it then the status lines are not in it.
Does it mean anything ?

# Exim Filter

# created by DirectAdmin, version 1.31.5
# Do not modify this file as any changes will be
# overwritten when the user makes a change.
# (data is only written to this file, not read)

if error_message then finish endif
if
$h_X-Spam-Status: contains "Yes,"
then
seen finish
endif

Hello,
If you're still getting spam tags in the email headers, the it's more likely an issue with the exim filters not doing something correctly..

Check /etc/virtual/domain.com/filter to see what's in there. Compare the checks it's doing to the email headers.

The filters seem normal:

Code:
# Exim Filter
# created by DirectAdmin, version 1.32.0
# Do not modify this file as any changes will be
# overwritten when the user makes a change.
# (data is only written to this file, not read)

if error_message then finish endif

if
    $h_X-Spam-Status: contains "Yes,"
then
    if
        $local_part is "johnadmin"
    then

save /home/johnadmin/Maildir/.INBOX.spam/new/ 660
    else
        save /home/johnadmin/imap/$domain/$local_part/Maildir/.INBOX.spam/new/ 660

endif
    finish
endif

#end filter

Other filter files from other domains also contain these lines of code before the; if $h_X-Spam-Status: contains "Yes,":

Code:
if
        $h_X-Spam-Level: contains "***************"
then
        seen finish
endif

Also check all of your exim logs for any clues:
/var/log/exim/mainlog
/var/log/exim/rejectlog
/var/log/exim/paniclog

John

I already mailed you parts of my mainlog when I still had the "delete all spam mail" option, mails didn't seem to be filtered by exim. Paniclog is empty, rejectlog only contains spamblocker notices I'm afraid.

Regards,

Tristan

Last edited:
Back