No Message ID

philmcdonnell

Verified User
Hello All,

I am getting a ton of emails stuck in my queue with no message ID so I cannot delete them from the admin panel.

Any ideas how to stop these? They seem to be some type of spam.

Here is a sample:

ID Time Size Sender Frozen Recipient(s) Select
70m 1JNiMi-0004Gf-Ff yes D [email protected]

Thanks for any help...

/Phil

I run this in a crontab to delete frozen emails

Code:
#!/bin/sh

/usr/sbin/exim -bpr | grep frozen | awk {'print $3'} | xargs /usr/sbin/exim -Mrm

I run this in a crontab to delete frozen emails

Code:
#!/bin/sh

/usr/sbin/exim -bpr | grep frozen | awk {'print $3'} | xargs /usr/sbin/exim -Mrm

This didn't do anything except give me this message:

exim: malformed message id <[email protected]> after -Mrm option

Also the messages without ID#'s don't delete from the control panel...

~Phil

I'm not sure how a message could exist in the queue without a message ID since the message ID used by DirectAdmin is also the filename in the queue.

When we get that pesky exim: malformed message id <[email protected]> after -Mrm option error we just delete the files by that name from both the msglog and input directories which make up the queue:
Code:
# cd /var/spool/exim/
# rm */[i]message-id[/i]*
You may have to do it over and over again; sometimes we do. But eventually the code to delete frozen emails will work.

The new SpamBlocker 3.1-beta code has a shorter default retention time for keeping frozen messages since we hardly ever look at them anyway. And it has a lot of other code which will result in most of the current spam problems going away. Try it :).

Jeff

I'm not sure how a message could exist in the queue without a message ID since the message ID used by DirectAdmin is also the filename in the queue.

When we get that pesky exim: malformed message id <[email protected]> after -Mrm option error we just delete the files by that name from both the msglog and input directories which make up the queue:
Code:
# cd /var/spool/exim/
# rm */[i]message-id[/i]*
You may have to do it over and over again; sometimes we do. But eventually the code to delete frozen emails will work.

The new SpamBlocker 3.1-beta code has a shorter default retention time for keeping frozen messages since we hardly ever look at them anyway. And it has a lot of other code which will result in most of the current spam problems going away. Try it :).

Jeff

Thank Jeff,

I did try the new Spamblocker and LOVE it! It works real well, I even blocked the IP address you said to stop the latest spam...

Keep up the good work!

Thanks,
Phil

Back