why i cant change password throught roundcube?

seachen

Verified User
previously i use other company hosting inside the roundcube there is a section for password changing.

now i use my own server install roundcube, inside dont have this function.

may i know how to add on ?

I don't think webmail clients can be used to change mail account password.

it can be change by installing some plugin.
but i dont know how to do it.

anyone got idea?

Even if such a plugin exists, it wouldn't work for DirectAdmin virtual accounts unless it was specifically written to do so.

Jeff

so any way to let user change their email password without entering directadmin control panel?

i've rewritten some code of the svn version of roundcube, and I found a way to let users change there password using Roundcube :) This way, it realy looks like a form inside Roundcube, and not some wierd other page :). Normal users don't see what happens behind the screens. That's the way it should be, and not else!!

I use the http://youserver:2222/CMD_CHANGE_EMAIL_PASSWORD function of DA. It can be loaded as an Iframe in roundcube, and the output is put into a frame located beneath the form.

If you want i'll post some more information ;)

you can see a screenshot here:
www.breeze.be/example.jpg

Last edited:
well i hacked a bit in the roundcube code...
created some new actions, added a new page template, and used the form within DA to submit the pass change to DA through roundcube...

It takes some programing analysis. If you want i can create a archive of a patched version, and upload it.

Hi RaZer0r - Your password/change integration looks awesome! Is the offer still available to upload an archive of a patched version?

I am thinking of moving to Roundcube and this would be a great option.

Thank you!

yes sure, here comes the archive:
btw, i changed the logo too, so you'll need to replace the 2 gifs :)

http://rapidshare.com/files/77072305/breezewebmail.rar.html

Have fun, and if you need anything, just ask :)
It isn't the latest svn version, but the one i patched, I never realy updated the whole thing anymore cause i didn't see any troubles. If there should be I could see if i can create a new svn version.

Last edited:
Thank you RaZer0r! This is awesome! We are using Squirrelmail now but wanted to add Roundcube as an option. This was one of the only things that was holding us back - smooth integration with password updates.

Now if only we could build upon the DA API to set vacation messages and auto-responders --- we would be SET!!! :)

Best holiday wishes to you!

I fixed this in only a few days... I had the request of adding a better looking webmail client, and bumped onto roundcube. Everyone was exited, but i found later there was no such thing as password change... So I don't know anything about how insecure, or instable this addon made RoundCube, but it works so :)

I'll see if I can add some autoresponders too :)

That would be fantastic - Autoresponders + Vacation messages would give each email account holder the ability to manage these functions without the need for any Administrative DA logins. I see this as one of the *only* shortcomings of our beloved control panel ;)

An Issue

I have downloaded your copy for roundcube and i like it however 2 things,

1 it is in german, How do i have the password stuff in english, what file do i edit. also it tells me domain not exist when i try mine, does it need to link up to my database? What files need to be editied thank you. I am using this wiht hmail currently and i love what you have done.

Thanks in advance

I really hope you didnt download it. Means you have an infected version of roundcube.

I am currently working on getting this patch to work with the newest stable release, but this is work in progress at the moment.
(the downloaded release you have is no more than the older RC1 release with a plugin...)

I have to get the password changer to hookup with my database. Any Ideas?

i have mysql database im using Hmail,,

and what do you mean i have a infected roundcube. What is infected about ti?

Back