GD-2.0.35 has been released!

tarquel

Verified User
http://www.libgd.org/Main_Page

[2007-06-21]

And from the release notes:

This release introduces a number of bug and security fixes. Upgrading is strongly recommended.

The security related fixes include:

Possible infinite loop in the PNG reader
Possible integer overflow in gdImageCreateTrueColor
Possible crash in gdImageCreateXbm
Numerous flaws in the GIF reader
The most notable fixes are:

GIF reader is now thread safe
GIF reader uses the local frame dimension whenever it's possible
gdImageAALine drawn axis ligned lines two pixels wide
Build script for VMS has been added.

See the NEWS file in the release archive or the issues tracker for a full list of changes.

Just thought I'd mention it as AFAIK, its still 2.0.34 in the build script.

Tried changing it but still phpinfo gives tells me version 2.0.34 is installed.

Regards
Nath

Because GD is bundled with PHP :) (from PHP 4.2.3). PHP 5.2.3 has GD 2.0.34 with it. So, you don't need to compile GD at all, just add "--with-gd" to configure.php (I'm sure it's already there)

I'm sorry I didn't follow you. So we don't need to update GD? Or we do, but then we need to compile php again?

I'm sorry I didn't follow you. So we don't need to update GD? Or we do, but then we need to compile php again?

It can be removed completely, and just added to the configure.php file :) It's removed from the custombuild script now (just need to re-upload files to the DirectAdmin servers).

I'm not following you either here Martynas :)

I understood you that its bundled with php 5.2.3 [think you made a typo right? ;)] as I only noticed it the other week, but what I'm talking about is 2.0.35.

How do i get that to install?

And on a side note, I've got freetype linked and working fine [according to phpinfo] but i seem to have lost TTF somewhere in the process. Have tried a few things, including adding --enable-native-ttf but none of that has worked.

[Do these sort of options need to be added to the build script or the configure.php script? I'm a little confused as to the difference if anyone could enlighten me that would be great btw ;)]

Cheers
Nath.

Martynas, I'm confused. Just last night I followed some of your instructions to use 2.0.34. Were your instructions outdated ;) ?

Jeff

Martynas, I'm confused. Just last night I followed some of your instructions to use 2.0.34. Were your instructions outdated ;) ?

Jeff

No, that was just for GD (if you use and want it). But if you want just PHP support for GD - you don't need to compile GD at all.

Back