DA email user

mjk

Verified User
Hi,

New install of DA and I am noticing this in my mail log

2007-06-23 14:52:53 1I1taj-0005br-Nz SMTP error from remote mail server after RCPT TO:<[email protected]>: host remote.mailhost.net [X.X.X.X]: 450 4.1.8 <[email protected]>: Sender address rejected: Domain not found

What's up with this? I have removed the host.domain.tld from /etc/virtual/domains and that did not change it

Well, here are some messages from the exim log that don't have customer details in them, just my server :)

2007-06-19 23:02:14 1I0bTS-0007PH-MJ == root @ diego.hostingneeds.co.nz R=localuser T=local_delivery defer (-29): User 0 set for local_delivery transport is on the never_users list
2007-06-19 23:02:14 1I0bTS-0007PH-MJ ** root @ diego.hostingneeds.co.nz: retry timeout exceeded
2007-06-19 23:02:14 1I0bTS-0007PH-MJ root @ diego.hostingneeds.co.nz: error ignored

Emails going to root at diego hostingneeds co nz are not being sent.

I also get the odd bounce that looks like:

mjknox @ orcon.net.nz
(ultimately generated from root @ diego.hostingneeds.co.nz)
SMTP error from remote mail server after MAIL FROM:<[email protected]> SIZE=1815:
host mail.orcon.net.nz [219.88.242.10]: 550-Verification failed for <[email protected]>
550-Unrouteable address
550 Sender verify failed

Last edited:
the space in the emails are added in, forum software turned them into clickable links. :-/

You can click on Go Advanced and turn off automatic link generation.

Unrouteable address almost always means your local system isn't properly resolving the domain; check your DNS and your /etc/resolv.conf file.

Jeff

DNS seems to be fine now, just this

Code:
[email protected] R=localuser T=local_delivery defer (13): Permission denied: cannot create /home/diradmin/Maildir/

Who (or what) is sending emails to diradmin? The diradmin user doesn't have a directory in /home in my systems. It can't accept email. If you have a legitimate reason to send email to the diradmin user you should probably set up a forward for it.

Jeff

becuase if diradmin@hostname cannot deliver to an email addres then it gets bounce back to diradmin causing an error

Back