[RELEASE] Exim Editor Plugin for DirectAdmin

skruf

Verified User
This is the initial public release of the Exim Editor plugin for DirectAdmin.

Exim Editor has been tested/run on our CentOS servers with Version 2 of DA's exim.conf. It should work on all platforms as it is basically PHP based and requires nothing more than what DA already installs. It has not been tested with Version 1 of DA's exim.conf.

Exim Editor is a DirectAdmin plugin that Admins can use to manage blacklists and whitelists, enable and disable RBLS along with a few other features.

Admins can modify the exim.conf from within the Exim Editor.

Email limits can be set for DA users to limit the number of emails sent each day. Usage numbers are viewable to help spot potential spamming.

SpamAssassin can be enabled/disabled from within Exim Editor. Obviously, SA must be installed for enabling and disabling to do any good!

Additionally, the ORDB RBL can be removed from the exim.conf file with the click of a button in the Exim Editor plugin.

For more information please visit: http://www.mysiteplugins.com

Thanks, David

David, according to your pages the product sells for $xx.

How much is that :) ?

Jeff

I've updated this post to reflect the new pricing!

Hey,

Sorry about that... One of the pages hadn't been updated.

It's $14.95 for the plugin.

David

Last edited:
Hey,

Exim Editor (in Beta) now supports SpamBlocker 3 (in Beta).

New features include:

• Replace the existing exim.pl with the new one needed for DirectAdmin.

Choose which exim.conf to use with your server and replace the existing one.

Auto create the "skip_av_domains" file needed when using ClamAV with SpamBlocker 3.
David

David, just to let you know, SpamBlocker3 requires the new exim.pl file.

Jeff

Hey Jeff,

Yes, I forgot to mention that we do have a point and click way to install the newer exim.pl file as well...

David

Hey,

For a limited time we are having a special on the Exim Editor plugin for DirectAdmin.

Enter DASPECIAL in the "Enter coupon code:" space provided during checkout and the price of the Exim Editor plugin will be discounted to only $14.95.

Thanks and enjoy.
David

David, I'm releasing SpamBlocker3 today. I'm going to fix bugs but add no new features (not even greylisting). As soon as that's done we'll go heavily into a greylisting discussion on these forums and see where to go from here.

Will your editor work with SpamBlocker3 if I just fix theminor bugs?

Jeff

Good Plugin

Thanks fella this works reallly good and I am happy its onlt 14.95 a go as I did buy 4 lots of spamblocker and have had so much trouble over the last 6 months, will most likly need a few more copies for a load of VPS, I have got ready to go so is there any deals we can do.

Thanks

Les

Hey,

For a limited time we are having a special on the Exim Editor plugin for DirectAdmin.

Enter DASPECIAL in the "Enter coupon code:" space provided during checkout and the price of the Exim Editor plugin will be discounted to only $14.95.

Thanks and enjoy.
David

Hey,

Will your editor work with SpamBlocker3 if I just fix theminor bugs?

Yes, it will and if there are other adjustments needed we'll code around those as well.

Thanks fella this works reallly good and I am happy its onlt 14.95 a go as I did buy 4 lots of spamblocker and have had so much trouble over the last 6 months, will most likly need a few more copies for a load of VPS, I have got ready to go so is there any deals we can do.

I'm sure we can work something out with regards to that... Just PM or email me when you're ready.

BTW, glad it's working well for you! If you run across anything that needs our attention please let us know.

David

I just bought it. It looks very professional. I will test with SB 3 tonight.

SpamBlocker3 continues to evolve in the background; that's why it's final release is late.

But I've also got a copy of the editor plugin (though I haven't installed it yet) and it should work at final release time.

Jeff

Skruf,
Suddenly I am getting the following error in DA when I go to the plugin:

Warning: file(/usr/local/directadmin/plugins/Exim_Editor/plugin.conf): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /usr/local/directadmin/plugins/Exim_Editor/sources/exim_editor.php on line 0

Also on the botton it says New version available even though I have the newest version. It also displays a blank next to current version. This is a RH3 box with latest DA. Any ideas?

I deleted and reinstalled thew plugin. All is well. I wonder how these errors popped up? Perhaps with the last DA Update?

The installation procedure is still a little bit rough...
Site error: the file /usr/local/directadmin/plugins/Exim_Editor/admin/index.php requires the ionCube PHP Loader ioncube_loader_fre_5.1.so to be installed by the site administrator.
No manual, faq, howto, useful KB or forum post.

Hey,

rldev: I just answered your support ticket and I see you have already done what I replied with in the ticket. Earlier versions had a problem reporting the correct version...That's been fixed.

interfasys: Yes, early releases had issues which have since been fixed, at least the ones we know about. Installation errors have been fixed. We've updated the site (www.mysiteplugins.com) a bit and continue to work on it.

Thanks, David

My install was done a couple of hours ago, so apparently there are still issues with the installer.
The ioncube archive wasn't unpacked. Unpacking it solved the issue, but I was lucky it worked like that as there were no instructions as to where put those files.

Hey,

My install was done a couple of hours ago, so apparently there are still issues with the installer.
The ioncube archive wasn't unpacked. Unpacking it solved the issue, but I was lucky it worked like that as there were no instructions as to where put those files.

Yep, you are right. I've been told that is being addressed in the next release.

I apologize for not knowing about that issue, and thank you for bringing it to my attention.

David

Back