[Windows Mobile] Unable to receive mails

Megalan-Robert

Verified User
I'm using Windows Mobile 5 to connect to a DA server but then a strange thing happens. I'm able to sent mails using the server, but I cannot receive mails. The DNS seems to be good, otherwise sending wouldn't be possible, but receiving a POP3 mail fails informing me about connection settings (guess that's the default message).

I'm fairly sure the phone is to blame, but just to be sure: is there an option in DA/Exim that controls which application is able to use the POP3 box? Because if Exim actively refuses a connection from the phone to the server that could be the reason I can't receive mails. Outlook (same wireless network) is able to receive mails.

Right, it is DA that is to blame (actually, vm-pop3). I did some more searching on the net including this forum and I came up with: http://www.directadmin.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2453&highlight=pda

In the ever more connectivity minded/mobile office world it would be nice to have a POP3 that you can actually check using your mobile phone/PDA. ;)

I got it working using IMAP4, but I'd still prefer POP3. If a solution can be found that would be nice...

Back