cant receive mail

hosler

Verified User
I installed directadmin and everything is working except mail. I can send mail, but I cannot receive it. Can anyone tell me things to check to see what is wrong?

Code:
2006-03-12 13:25:57 1FIVGP-0001T3-2p unable to set gid=8 or uid=1002 (euid=8): local delivery to hosler <[email protected]> transport=virtua
2006-03-12 13:25:57 1FIVGP-0001T3-2p failed to read delivery status for [email][email protected][/email] from delivery subprocess
2006-03-12 13:25:57 1FIVGP-0001T3-2p appendfile transport process returned non-zero status 0x0100: exit code 1
2006-03-12 13:25:57 1FIVGP-0001T3-2p == [email][email protected][/email] R=virtual_user T=virtual_localdelivery defer (-1)  
2006-03-12 13:25:57 1FIVGP-0001T3-2p Frozen

what does that mean?

try doing this command in your ssh

# exim -bpr | grep frozen | awk {'print $3'} | xargs exim -Mrm

that command deleted a bunch of messages, but I still cant reveice anything.

hosler said:
what does that mean?
It means you've got a misconfiguration error; exim isn't able to spawn a copy of itself with the rights it needs to write to the mailbox.

What OS/Distribution do you use? Are you sure you've got the proper license?

Did you run the Dovecot conversion script?

Did you make any other changes to rights/ownerships, after installing DA?

Jeff

hosler said:
that command deleted a bunch of messages, but I still cant reveice anything.
Which is exactly what it was supposed to do.

It's the commend for emptying all frozen (undeliverable) messages in the mailqueue, and I'm not sure why it was recommended to you. It deleted the undeliverable messages, but it didn't do anything else.

Jeff

koh said:
try doing this command in your ssh

# exim -bpr | grep frozen | awk {'print $3'} | xargs exim -Mrm
Deleting all frozen messages in the mailqueue does nothing to solve the problem.

Jeff

Im on a debian sarge system. I did a clean install and ran the direct admin install script. i didnt change anything after that.

I gotta bumb this. I really need my email fixed. Been googling all day :(

Hello,
unable to set gid=8 or uid=1002 (euid=8)
Sounds to me like /usr/sbin/exim does have the sticky suid bit set.

Paste us what you get from:
Code:
ls -la /usr/sbin/exim
Then type
Code:
chmod 4755 /usr/sbin/exim
John

Back