Local email accounts and Google Apps problems

Renich

Verified User
Hello,

I have some users using google accounts on my DA installation.

The local email users (exim) can't seem to reach the Google Accounts users. It seems to me that exim is, still, attempting to deliver locally while it should deliver remotely.

Any idea of how to solve this?

You can only use Google accounts on a per-domain basis. You need to follow Google's instructions for setting up your MX, and you also need to turn off local delivery for the domain. To do that see the MX Records link from the user control panel.

Jeff

You can only use Google accounts on a per-domain basis. You need to follow Google's instructions for setting up your MX, and you also need to turn off local delivery for the domain. To do that see the MX Records link from the user control panel.

Jeff

Thanks for such a quick reply, Jeff.

I've done all that. The domains using google apps accounts work fine. The problem comes when a user; from another domain, tries to send mail to a google apps domain (registered in my server).

As I said, I believe exim is trying to deliver email to those accounts locally; it thinks they're registered here (they were... once).

Let me clarify some things:

- Users/domains on my server that use Google Apps have no problems

- Users/domains on my server that don't use Google Apps can't seem to email users (on my server) that do

- Users/domains on my server that don't use Google Apps have no problems emailing outsiders (users not on my server) even if they use Google apps or whatever.

If you've turned off local delivery this simply shouldn't happen. And I don't know why it does. Perhaps turn it back on and then turn it back off again, to see if there's something out of sync.

Try an exim -bh from the shell to see where it's being misdirected.

Jeff

you also need to turn off local delivery for the domain. To do that see the MX Records link from the user control panel.

Jeff

Jeff,

Sorry... this did it! Thanks a lot! ;)

Sorry for not paying attention earlier... was in kind of a hurry... what an irony, huh?

Back