Can't login directadmin or view site

danield

Verified User
I'm using a shared hosting company named Onehut.ca
It took me over a month to reach them for a simple fix on my account. Everything was going ok until today. My site won't load, my e-mail doesn't work, I can't login on direct admin and can't connect to my ftp account.

What can I do?

I tried to contact them but emails bounce back, and their voicemail is full!

Sounds like they're going out of business, the way you describe it.

Is your domain also registered with them, or with someone else?

If with someone else, I suggest you get a different hosting account with another company and have your domain point to the new hosting provider.

If you registered your domain with Onehut.ca I would suggest you try moving this domain to another provider.

Good luck!

Yes, I'm registered with them, unfortunately.

I tried to transfer to a new host, but they said they need me to unlock my domain and ticket them the confirmation code. And I can't do that because there is no way of reaching onehut.

Looks like I'm screwed!

go to whois and check who is the registrar of your domain name.
Contact the domain registrar directly and tell them you can't contact your domain name registration service provider.

See if they can unlock the domain and give you the EPP code directly instead of through onehut.

yes, I think they should be able to do something as long as they can verify you are the registrant. (It will be even better if the registrant email address is yours)
Onehut is domain name reseller of Names4ever
you may try to contact them :

http://www.aplus.net/support.html

I have use names4ever to register domain name before. Normally can give you reply with one day.

Last edited:
yes, thanks. I just used their livechat to see if they could help. here's what they told me.

pittk: Hello! How may I help you?

Visitor30064: are you guys names4ever.com?

pittk: yes, names4ever is the domain registrar division of Aplus

pittk: what can I do for you ?

Visitor30064: Ok, 'cos I'm registered by onehut.ca thru names4ever. I want to transfer to a new host, but can't get a hold of onehut. Ithink they are out of business

pittk: they actually appear to be still in business

pittk: here is the contact info we have

pittk: [email protected]

Visitor30064: try it! It will bounce back!

Visitor30064: and their voicemail is full

pittk: try with [email protected]

Visitor30064: did that too

Visitor30064: and [email protected]

pittk: ok then you may file an official complaint to our registrar admins at [email protected]

pittk: they will investigate the case and get back you

Visitor30064: ok, I will do that.

pittk: sure

pittk: you are welcome

Visitor30064: thanks!

pittk: you are welcome

After you made the complaint, and get their reply
let me know if names4ever finally release the domain to your or not:D

I just filed the complaint.
I'll keep you posted.

Thanks again for your help.

I hope that you do manage to get your domain name. I remember a time where one of our providers of domain names went out of business and we could not get into contact with them, but we contacted the registrar and they released the domain name to us.

Hope the same outcome applies to you.

One Hut is acting "funny"

My site and e-mail situation is now officially defunct because of onehut's inability to be a responsible business. I'm positive that there's something fishy going on, especially since their site www.onehut.com hasn't changed since 2004.

-Eric

Well Eric, do the same as me. Ask names4ever to give you acces to your domain name.
Here's a little update. Since I did not get an answer from the e-mail I sent to names4ever's support, I went back to their chat to ask what was going on. Another person was on-line. He basically gave me the same answers I got the previous day, telling me to call onehut, or send an e-mail. I had to re-explain I already did all that and that I had sent a complaint to names4ever because of that....:mad: And btw, onehut's phone line has now been disconnected. Yet names4ever still claims that onehut is not out of business...:confused:

So he got me to send another e-mail, but this time to their escalations department, and that I surely would get an answer the same day. Well, that was yesterday and I still didn't get an answer... I did get this confirmation: "Your Ticket has been received and a member of our staff will review it and reply accordingly"

So nothing has been done yet. If anyone has onehut, tomatohut or enain as thier host, I suggest you do the same.

And a funny, but sad, side note. My wife is also with them. She's the one with the e-mail problems in the other thread! So it's 2 domain names we want to transfer. But Thursday, she got an e-mail from onehut (probably some automatic generated due date stuff) that her plan for the year is to expire in a month and that they tried to charge her credit card! Fortunately, her info has changed and they can't! My info has also changed, so they can't charge us anything anymore. But can you believe the nerve of these guys? She is without e-mail for the last 2 weeks and I'm without everything since wednesday. Not only are they unreachable, but they force us to renew our plans. What a f*%&in' ripoff!

After you made the complaint, and get their reply
let me know if names4ever finally release the domain to your or not:D

Finally, after another chat with the online support, and 2 more e-mail complaints to their escalations department, names4ever unlocked the domain names, and e-mailed us the confirmation codes. So we can now move to a new host.

Finally, after another chat with the online support, and 2 more e-mail complaints to their escalations department, names4ever unlocked the domain names, and e-mailed us the confirmation codes. So we can now move to a new host.

Glad to hear that, I just hope this new host are able to provide you with a decent service. I think a moral here is to keep your domains with a reputable host, reference: maintain them yourself, just so you're always sure you won't lose them.

Nice work!

I contacted www.cira.ca and they are looking into Onehut.com and they said I might be able to get my domain back....we will see! they also told me to call the police...because the guy they has my domain is doing this to other people too.

Same problem with OneHut. :(

Ohhh OneHut !!!.... I did not realized my page has been down , not even sure for how long, :( lost a bunch of work opportunities because of it, :mad: ,
o well glad to see that people were able to get their domain name back, I onehut is the firt company I ever used for this services, and I 'm not very good with this stuff, please is there any recomendation a reliable company that has low prices ?? Any suggestion would be very helpfull, I need to register a new page asap but don;t know who or where to look ... I use the website for video reel, so I need to stream flash video.
Thanks
G

Back