Discussion about CustomBuild

Martynas,

I would like an answer to the file uploading as chmod 600 issue under PHP5/suPHP. I have confirmed that the same thing is happening for ALL domains on both of the machines I have upgraded to use custombuild with the same options.

Is anyone else out there seeing this problem? A typical web application with upload capability is uploading files as owned by the user but chmoded 600. This causes the web browser to not display the said upload such as an image for instance which just has the red ex because of the forbidden error it is getting. Trying to access the image that was uploaded directly does actually produce the "Forbidden" page.

All folders from /home/username/ /home/username/domains down are all owned by the user as they should be. Yet suPHP still saves the file as 600. Checking the suphp.conf file umask is set to umask=0022 as it should be.

Image example:
-rw------- 1 theusername wheel 8962 Dec 2 03:03 logo.gif

options.conf
#PHP settings. default_php possible values - 4 or 5
default_php=4
php4_cli=yes
php4_cgi=no
php5_cli=no
php5_cgi=yes
zend=yes

#Possible values - 5.0 or 5.1 (4.1 is possible too, but it's EOL)
mysql=4.1
mysql_inst=no

#Possible values - 1.3, 2.0 or 2.2
apache_ver=1.3

PHP5/suPHP is great so far with the exception of uploading items. Any insight from anyone would be greatly appreciated.

BigWil

May I take a look at your server?

I can arrange that. Right this second I am doing another build on the machine in hopes of finding the bug. When completed should the bug still exist I will gladly give you access. Please drop me a PM with your direct email address. I will send you details there upon my re-testing.

BigWil

Anybody using option mysql=4.1 and mysql_inst=yes needs to change that to mysql_inst=no if you are going to run a build. The mysql 4.1.xx distributions are not where they are supposed to be and the mysql build is failing with a 404 file not found. Not sure if they are coming back or what happened so don't ask cause I don't have an answer for you.

BigWil

Last edited:
Ok after getting past the mysql install issue and just telling it to not install I was able to do the whole new build. I had to do the following:

./build clean
./build update_data

I then copied my configure.php* files the way I wanted them and modified my options.conf to not install dovecot or mysql.

./build all d
./build zend

Modified my options.conf to NOT CLEAN since I use frontpage patch and need the apache1 src to modify.

./build apache
./build frontpage_ext
./build mod_frontpage

Made a couple of httpd.conf changes needed for things like mod_security and mod_evasive.

Restarted Apache and tested the application again under PHP5/suPHP. Removed the image that was uploaded via the application and insured we were running under PHP5/suPHP. Used the application to upload again.

-rw-r--r-- 1 theusername wheel 8962 Dec 3 17:18 logo.gif

Yes this means it worked. I have never been more upset about fixing something before. The problem is that we now haven't any idea what was causing the problem and I have several machines to upgrade.

Oh well. If I figure it out during those upgrades I will post the issue here.

I guess the moral of the story is that custombuild does A LOT for the user without prompting. So if something happens to take a turn for the worse we don't really know the issue. Completely clean and run the install again as it might fix something that was hosed the first time.

BigWil

Xsl

I'm trying to install XSL under default install PHP5.2.5. in custombuild.

Options.conf:
#PHP settings. default_php possible values - 4 or 5
default_php=5
php4_cli=no
php4_cgi=no
php5_cli=yes
php5_cgi=no
zend=yes

I'vee tryed to install whit the --with-xsl \ and --with-xsl=[dir] in the ap_2, but both didn't work.

The XSL extension is already include in PHP 5, but what the wright pad to it....???
?? /usr/include/libxslt
locate XSL give's a multi of pads.....

Offcourse already ./build clean is done....

Thanks guys :)

Nobody????

digi, please post the error you get.

When adding --whit-XSL=/[dir] the ./build php give a error on the configure ap_2 file...

So I'm seaching for the wright config.

#locate XSL gives /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.5/i386-linux-thread-multi/Apache2/XSLoader.pm
for the loader, and
/usr/lib/perl5/5.8.5/i386-linux-thread-multi/XSLoader.pm
/usr/share/doc/libxml2-devel-2.6.16/XSLT.html
/usr/share/man/man3/XSLoader.3pm.gz

Thanks.

Use: --with-xsl, and not --whit-XSL :) About the locate - do updatedb before it. Make sure you have libxml2-devel installed too.

Im getting this error when using custombuild ./build all

Code:
Installing PEAR environment:      /usr/local/lib/php/
PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: magickwand: Unable to initialize module
Module compiled with module API=20050922, debug=0, thread-safety=0
PHP    compiled with module API=20060613, debug=0, thread-safety=0
These options need to match
 in Unknown on line 0
make[1]: *** [install-pear-installer] Segmentation fault
make: *** [install-pear] Error 2

*** The install has failed, do you want to try to install it again? (y,n):
And hittin Y wont help because it keeps coming back to that error :( :(

Any clue's?

Please post an output of:
Code:
cat /usr/local/lib/php.ini | grep magickwand

Martynas,

This is the outcome
Code:
extension=magickwand.so

I hope u can help me webserver has been down for 8 hours now

PM me if u want access to my server or email me on emailadres in my sig

This looks a great script.

2 Question's, and forgive me if it has been asked before.

1) When I run this script does it scan whats installed and establish what can be upgraded?
2) When running this script does it automatically attempt to upgrade everything?

I am initially wanting to just upgrade Roundcube and this seems like as good a time as any to test this script out - I just don't want it going over the top when I run it and it trying to upgrade everything :)

Many Thanks,

Tom

Any ideas how to get the sendmail fixed when running under PHP5/CGI/suPHP? It seems that the php_admin_value in httpd.conf isn't working.

php_admin_value sendmail_path '/usr/sbin/sendmail -t -i -f [email protected]'

Everything is addressed with a -f [email protected] instead.

This is because it isn't accepting the php_admin_value sendmail_path and the default in the php.ini is using sendmail_path '/usr/sbin/sendmail -t -i

What can be done?

Big Wil

Last edited:
Yes I understand that. I was asking if anyone has a solution to the problem. Does everyone have to have their own php.ini file? How is that to be done without manual configuration for every user?

We can't have emails going out with [email protected]. That just isn't smart.

It seems that suPHP also disables the php mail() functions -f additional parameter also.

BigWil

Last edited:
Why I post here I haven't a clue. For those having the sendmail from problem with suPHP using the mail() function in scripts make this adjustment to your exim.conf file somewhere in the common settings just below the daemon ports.

local_from_check = false

That function was the cause for the overwrite of the mail headers and the screwed up froms and reply-tos. This is because suPHP doesn't take the flag nor does it allow the -f additional parameters. Just like running any PHP under safe mode.

BigWil

suphp semms not working

Hi,

I have a really serious probleme. Suphp is installed on my server with php5 cgi and php4 cli. It seems to work because if I put a chmod 777 I have an error 500. But the matter is that even with a chmod 700, other accounts can access to all files of websites hosted on this server.

I don't know why it does that and what can I do to solve it.

Thank you

I have a problem when I run

Code:
/ Etc / init.d / mysqld restart

Ma said his

Code:
Got a failure from command:
Cat / usr / local / mysql / share / mysql_fix_privilege_tables.sql | / usr / local / mysql / bin / mysql -- no-defaults -- force -- user = da_admin -- host = localhost -- database = mysql
Please check the above output and try again.

Running the script with the -- verbose option may give you some information
Of what went wrong.

If you get an 'Access denied' error, you should run this script again and
Give the MySQL root user password as an argument with the -- password = option
Zip: can not assess `/ usr / lib / libmysqlclient .* ': No file or directory of this type

Back