PHP 5.2.5 breaks ioncube

modem

Verified User
I noticed this error when logging into hosting accounts at the bottom of the Apache Handlers section. This occurred after updating to the latest PHP version. Does anyone know if there is a fix for this? I downloaded the latest ioncube loader files and that did NOT help.

/usr/local/directadmin/plugins/jtbox/shared/functions.php has been encoded with the ionCube PHP Encoder and requires the free ioncube_loader_lin_5.2.so ionCube PHP Loader to be installed.

Does anyone know if there is a fix for this? I downloaded the latest ioncube loader files and that did NOT help.

/usr/local/directadmin/plugins/jtbox/shared/functions.php has been encoded with the ionCube PHP Encoder and requires the free ioncube_loader_lin_5.2.so ionCube PHP Loader to be installed.
Why not sending a message to ionCube technical support at: http://www.ioncube.com/ic_helpdesk/index.php?department=3

I noticed this error when logging into hosting accounts at the bottom of the Apache Handlers section. This occurred after updating to the latest PHP version. Does anyone know if there is a fix for this? I downloaded the latest ioncube loader files and that did NOT help.

can you post the result when you do

$ php -v

0R

$ /usr/local/bin/php -v

The problem here is that there was a change in PHP 5.2.5 that requires modules passed to dl() only to be filenames, rather than allowing paths relative to the extension directory as in all previous versions of PHP. This typically prevents any user side modules from being installed. The change was put under the banner of "security", but is misguided and ill thought out as there are no fewer than 3 pre-existing ways that a host can use to disable dl() if they wished, and the change effectively renders dl() useless for all practical purposes.

The solution is simply to install the Loader in the php.ini file, making sure to add the zend_extension/zend_extension_ts line before any existing entries. The Loader can be installed with Zend Optimiser as well if required. If you don't have access to the php.ini file yourself then your host should have no problem adding support for you, and if they have any queries before doing so then they're welcome to contact us directly and we'll be happy to assist.

I just upgraded PHP to 5.2.5 last night and ran into this issue.

I need to support Zend optimizer, which means my zend_extension_ts is pointing to that. Is it correct that I can not support both encoders now?

Back