How to block all ip's on 1 domain and whitelist just 2

B3rt

Verified User
I am looking for a way to block all incoming E-mail traffic too certain domains and just allow mail which originates from 2 IP addresses.

We use 2 separate spam/virus servers(MX10/20) for scanning, all mail of that domain goes first through an external filter and then is delivered on the mail server (DA).
I could just block all traffic on port 25 and white list the 2 IP's of the filters but this only works if all domains on the server would use this external filter, that is not the case.

I am looking for a way to manage this per domain, so i can configure that a specific domain only accepts mail if it is delivered from a specific IP address.

Is this possible and how do I this?

Anything is possible. I've even posted instructions on how to strike a match on a wet cake of soap.

The key is how to do it.

Are you a DirectAdmin user? If not, are you an exim user? If so, if I were you, I'd probably ask on the exim-users mailing list.

If you're not using exim (DirectAdmin uses exim) then you're entirely on your own; this forum is for users of DirectAdmin software.

Jeff

I am a system administrator and we use DA on our webservers as control panel.
So I do not understand your reaction, I am on the correct forum, this is a DA related question...

With a first post and no mention of either DirectAdmin or exim, I have no idea if you're on the right forum or not. So I believe my question is fair.

I've also already given you the answer.

Since the functionality will have to be implemented either in exim.conf, or in exim.pl, the best place for support on it will probably the on the exim-users mailing list.

You may or may not get help here, depending on whether or not anyone else has done it.

Jeff

Back