• Yes, got the same problem.

Votes: 8 80.0%
  • No, don't have the problem.

Votes: 2 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

kanary

Verified User
Directadmin have to change his mail headers.

Because all the mail that go to hotmail or live all the mail will go to the spam box and will be deleted within 5 days.

This are the mail that will be sented when you add an new account admin user or reseller.

Dont know if its happening when a mail will be sented when you got an ticked.

Hope this can be solved in the next versions of directadmin.

Here's what I've found out:

Messages sent from my desktop using my server get delivered properly.

Messages sent from the server directly (for example from squirrelmail) get marked as junk.

I can't figure out how to read headers in hotmail so I can't look for the differences. If you can explain how I can read headers in hotmail, perhaps I'll be able to figure it out.

But just saying headers need to be changed without saying what's wrong isn't really helping.

Jeff

the poster was right.

it is the header that seems to be the problem.

because any mails i send from whmcs, goes through fine to hotmail's inbox.

it's just the welcome mails (and others probly) from directadmin that goes straight to junk box on hotmail.

This is very bad because right now, when a customer orders a hosting plan, he/she gets the thank you mail from whmcs (to hotmail inbox), which explains that they will get the hosting control panel information shortly.

But however, the welcome mail that has hosting control panel information, which is from directadmin, goes straight to junkmail and alot of users keep complaining they never received the mail.

Since whmcs work and directadmin's doesnt, I am assuming this is very big problem DA is having right now. Mine is the latest version of DA since I update them all the time.

Need a help asap.

Thank you.

I'd be happy to fix it if I knew why it was happening. Can you send the same email from both your local mail program, and from your squirrelmail program, to your hotmail account, and verify that one ends up in the inbox and the other in the junk folder. The email to my address below in my siglines, both emails (complete all headers). I'll see if I can figure out the problem.

Jeff

Jeff to view headers you have to do this:

Code:
See Full Email Headers in MSN Hotmail

To make MSN Hotmail display all header lines:

* Select Options from the top MSN Hotmail navigation bar.
    * Make sure the Mail category is selected.
    * Choose Mail Display Settings.
    * Set Message Headers to Full.
    * Click OK.

alright i have got the headers.

Received: from cp.simplehelix.com ([64.69.44.248]) by bay0-mc5-f23.bay0.hotmail.com with Microsoft SMTPSVC(6.0.3790.2668); Tue, 14 Aug 2007 14:22:46 -0700
Received: from diradmin by cp.simplehelix.com with local (Exim 4.63)(envelope-from <[email protected]>)id 1IL3js-0001xW-Dqfor [email protected]; Tue, 14 Aug 2007 14:15:44 -0700
Sender: jv0704 <[email protected]>
X-Message-Delivery: Vj0zLjQuMDt1cz0wO2k9MDtsPTA7YT0w
X-Message-Info: 6sSXyD95QpUxG+T8lOvGLSXOlcpCYxJ/lMxGBVKoGS4f9B6DV1tZ5cK93x9lwKFci780eBc2/KU=
X-DirectAdmin-Sender: jv0704
Return-Path: [email protected]
X-OriginalArrivalTime: 14 Aug 2007 21:22:46.0749 (UTC) FILETIME=[4263A0D0:01C7DEB9]

First, let me say that there's nothing at all wrong with the headers you'e shown. But you didn't show all the headers (for example, from, to, date, subject), and you didn't show headers from WHMCS as a comparison. All are important.

If these headers are causing the problem (I don't think they are, then you should note what happens when I look up your IP# on a list of all blocklists:

Reference: http://www.apews.org/?page=test&C=3&E=170141&ip=64.69.44.248
Oooops 64.69.44.248 is currently listed in APEWS :-(
Entry matching your Query: E-170141
64.69.40.0/21CASE: C-3
Automatic escalation Step 3 of 4
Your provider does not care about spammers
If you are impacted by this listing, we suggest:
Please change your provider. You support spammer friends with your money.
Is CalPop that bad? I hope not. That said I've considered using them (they're much less expensive than our current provider), but didn't simply because of listings such as this.

But that was years ago, and I haven't heard anything bad about them for years.

And all that said, I doubt that hotmail is looking at only your IP if your WHMCS machine is in the same datacenter or the same machine. Is it?

Can you post the rest of the headers? (To hide details, create a one-time username on your system and a one-time account at hotmail.) And also complete headers from WHMCS?

Jeff

I've just sent to emails two hotmail; one from Squirrelmail and one from my desktop client.

As expected, the one from Squirrelmail ended up as Junk, and the one from my desktop client ended up in the inbox.

I couldn't see any reason for Hotmail to make the discrimination.

There was one extra Received: header in the email:
Code:
Received: from [127.0.0.1] (helo=da12.namelessnet.net)
	by da12.namelessnet.net with esmtp (Exim 4.60)
	(envelope-from <[email protected]>)
	id 1ILmha-0005oi-GK
	for [email protected]; Thu, 16 Aug 2007 14:16:22 -0700
but the above should NOT make a difference.

I think the proper thing to do is to ask hotmail's Postmasters why this happens.

Alternatively, if you or anyone has a program working on the same server as the squirrelmail program with mails ending up as junk, but that program sends emails which don't end up as junk, please let me know and we'll try a test and look at the headers. Please reply here in this thread; PMs and emails won't get my attention to this issue.

Thanks.

Jeff

jlasman,

i respect the way you handle all these technical related questions.
please do keep up the good work.

jlasman, however i have been constantly dealing and facing these hotmail going to junkmail issues.

what makes me frustrated is that, emails from other 3rd party apps such as WHMCS goes through fine directly to the inbox of hotmail.

But it is just the emails sent from directadmin that are going to junkmail on hotmail.

is there any way that you can take some time to see if there are any issues related to directadmin in general?

i am at a point that i may need to start thinking of switching to a different control panel because of this problem.

i do love directadmin and would continue to use it if this problem could be fixed.

I have no idea why the emails are being sent by hotmail to their junkmail folder. I've found nothing in the headers that I'd use as a reason to direct email to a junkmail folder. As I've said on these forums previously, your best bet is probably to ask the hotmail postmaster as only they know why they do what they do.

They send my email to junk folders as well, and I've not been able to figure it out. I have found that lots of other people complain of the same problem, and no one appears to have an answer.

If switching to a different control panel solves your problem now, it may not in the future.

That said, if you or anyone else can post (please post it as an attachment) the complete headers from an email from a different control panel's webmail solution to hotmail, which did NOT get put into a junkmail folder, I'll try to figure out the difference.

Jeff

I have problems with hotmail too, but mine are never deliverd!
In the log it does say it is completed and no problem but nothing to see in hotmail inbox and neighter the spam.
This happens always! even with webmail function of da.

If i send an email to a gmail account via webmail of da it is deliverd and no problem at all, i forwarded all mails from that same gmail account to my hotmail and then i do get them in hotmail.

So there is something very wrong here.

[Edit]:
I created a new account with an hotmail email as the users primary address and i received the registration mail in my inbox, not even spam, i really have no clue why other ways fail.

Last edited:
Back